Friday, December 8, 2017

Costumes of 2017

Homura (Madoka: Rebeliion), San (Princess Mononoke); Punk! Usagi (Sailor Moon); Astrid (HTTYD 2); Alice (Alice: Madness Returns)
This was my initial costume list for 2017:
I only made one of these costumes: the Sailor Moon punk design. I started San, and have the materials for Alice and Astrid. Homura might not happen for a while.
So what DID I make or finish this year?

Punk! Usagi (Sailor Moon inspired)

A fun costume to wear, and it was easy to put together. I customised the t-shirt and waistcoat, and made a bat from foam (since airport security sadly confiscated the wooden bat)

Marceline the Vampire Queen (Adventure Time)

This turned out better than I had anticipated. We used HD powder to set the makeup but it didn't really work; next time I'll try talcum powder.

Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)

This costume was challenging because it had to make all the edges look so clean. The welt pockets were also difficult to make. I'm really pleased with the result. As a bonus, I made the jacket only from recycled materials.

Princess Serenity (Sailor Moon)
I made this costume a few years ago but only got the wig recently. I also swapped some of the trim. I might have to change more trim: the pearl leaf trim kept getting tangled in the wig.

Beatrice (Over the Garden Wall)
I really want to get a proper photoshoot with this costume. Hopefully I can persuade my boyfriend to be Wirt.

Velma (Scooby Doo) and Daria (Daria)

No photos yet, but these are ready. Some of the clothes were made or altered, but a few I owned or bought, such as socks and the orange jumper. 

Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)

Probably the most detailed costume that I made this year. I'd never done such detailed embroidery before and I'm really pleased with the result. The base dress was easy, but details such as the collar were more difficult to construct. 

Skeleton/Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come (A Christmas Carol)
A simple costume I wore for the second day of Malta Comic Con 2017. I made the skeleton dress a few months before the con, and had made the cloak over the summer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment